Monday, June 9, 2014

Are We Becoming Cyborgs?

Are We Becoming Cyborgs?

         I came across this video when I was looking up one for my last post on the future. I heard about 3D printers recently, but these ideas are on a whole other level. Manipulating the environment around us and wearing technology is one thing, but actually physically changing our bodies!?...I couldn’t help but find it creepy. We have already been wondering how much technology is having an affect on us in areas such as personal relationships, so who knows what these advances would do to us. While I’m sure it’s possible, I can’t imagine what it would be like if people were even more “connected” than they are now. While you could say, “who hasn’t thought about being superhuman?” I think there is a line (I know this would definitely be too far for many religious people). Using these types of technologies is one thing when you’re talking about saving someone’s life, but beyond that I’m not sure if altering our bodies is a good idea- even if some of the ideas may seem really “cool”.
         I also came across this article that I found really interesting about different ideas for the future of wearable technology



This one is probably the most "out there". It's an implant that would sit under the skin like a tattoo, but it's really an interactive screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment